SLP's ceramic coated Long-Tube Headers feature 409 stainless steel construction with 1-3/4 inch primary tubes flowing into a 3 inch 4-into-1 collector. They're fully compatible with all stock emissions equipment and use OEM flanges for a perfect fit and proper bolt retention. This header package comes complete with a matching 3 inch y-pipe, a pair of high-flow cat converters, all necessary hardware and detailed installation instructions.
This new set of Long Tube Headers are another option to the existing and popular Tuned Length Headers for your 1998-2002 LS1 F-Body. This new design by SLP supports more mid to upper RPM power compared to the tuned length Design. This gives you the option to pick the header design that is best suited for your application. These will produce +11 HP and + 10 ft-lbs in the 4800-6200 RPM range compared to the tuned length Design. The other, tuned length headers produce +7 HP and + 12 ft-lbs in the 2600-3400 RPM range compared to the these. If you require more power and torque at higher RPMs, such as for drag racing or autocross or road racing, these headers are the best choice. If you need more low end power and torque, for mostly street driving, the tuned length headers are a better choice.
Will not fit automatic transmission-equipped convertibles. Not legal for use on pollution-controlled motor vehicles. For off-road use only.
- 1-3/4 inch primaries with 3 inch collectors and matching 3 inch Y-Pipe for unrestricted flow
- Mandrel bent
- Compatible with all factory emissions equipment
- Polished aluminum-ceramic thermal-barrier coating (both interior and exterior surfaces) to keep heat in, exhaust velocity up, and under-hood temperatures down
- High-flow metallic substrate 200 cell/inch catalytic converters
- More horsepower and torque in the mid to upper RPM range (compared to SLP's tuned length design)
- No engine or transmission movement or wiring required for proper installation; a true drop-in design
- Over 2 inch inches of ground clearance (compared to SLP's tuned length design)
- Bolts to factory or any aftermarket cat-back exhaust systems
- Covered by SLP's Performance Guarantee and Limited Lifetime Warranty