Power Slot Slotted Brake Rotors
When you need a little more stopping power, our SportStop High Performance rotors offer better heat and gas dissipation....
- Product Description
- Customer Reviews
Power Slot Slotted Brake Rotors
When you need a little more stopping power, our Power Slot High Performance slotted brake rotor discs offer better heat and gas dissipation. Power Slot High Performance rotors are specifically designed to run cooler and promote improved wet and dry braking performance. Power Slot High Performance Rotors offer more surface area than conventional cross drilling and maintain the structural integrity of the brake rotor. These performance rotors are the most efficient bolt-on performance brake upgrade offered today.
Power Slot slotted rotors are a great first upgrade for the original brake systems of cars and trucks, delivering winning performance while meeting or exceeding original-equipment quality specifications. Power Slot rotors improve brake system performance by wiping away the used friction material that otherwise accumulates between the rotor and pad. This keeps fresh pad material exposed to the rotor surface and promotes more consistent braking performance.
- Increased initial brake pad bite/response
- Improved wet weather response
- Reduced pad glazing
- OEM vane designs, including casting part line location
- Machining designs engineered for optimal rotor integrity
- Double-disc ground for a consistent friction surface and better pad bed-in
- Mill-balanced for vibration-free performance
- Black e-coating for non-friction surfaces provides lasting, attractive looks
- Enhances open wheel appearance
- A: Inconsistencies on the friction surface area left by inferior finishing processes create potential noise and vibration issues. These rough finish surfaces also prolong the pad-rotor break in period, diminishing braking power which cause longer stopping distances.
- B: Rough castings left behind by substandard manufacturing processes create balance inconsistencies resulting in wheel vibration related noise. The lack of mill-to-correct balancing only exacerbates these issues.
- C: Side-split castings, while cheaper to produce, do not distribute heat effectively. The result is that they transfer more heat to one side of the rotor than the other, greatly diminishing braking power especially in high-heat emergency situations.
- A: Rotors feature a double disc ground, taper free finish. Double disc grinding ensures parallelism, eliminates run out and provides near perfect disc thickness, variation (DTV). Double disc grinding leaves a non-directional finish on the friction surface area for more effective pad-rotor break in. This special finish also provides quieter and smoother stops.
- B: Rotors feature 100% fully machined finishes, including rotor hats. This extra process provides better rotor balance and creates a cleaner, more finished looking component. In addition, all rotors are 100% inspected for balance, mill-corrected to a tolerance of less than 2oz. per inch.
- C: O.E.specification center-split core casting provides proper heat transfer and thermal efficiency resulting in superior braking power and safety.
A quantity of "1" is for a set of two rotors.