SLP Tuned Length Long Tube Header Package 30048
Low Price Guarantee!
SLP's New Long-Tube Headers feature 409 stainless steel construction with 1-3/4 inch primary tubes flowing into a 3 inch 4-into-1 collector. They're fully compatible with all stock emissions-control equipment and use OEM flanges for a perfect fit and proper bolt retention. This header package comes complete with a matching 3 inch y-pipe, a pair of 200 cell per inch high-flow catalytic converters, all necessary hardware and detailed installation instructions.
SLP's New Long Tube Headers are another option to our current popular Tuned Length Headers for your 1998-2002 LS F-Body. This new Long Tube Design by SLP Performance Parts supports more Mid to Upper RPM power compared to the Tuned Length Design. This gives you the option to pick the header design that is best suited for your application. The New Long Tube Headers will produce +11 HP and + 10 ft-lbs in the 4800-6200 RPM Range compared to the Tuned Length Design. As the current Tuned Length Design will produce +7 HP and + 12 ft-lbs additional in the 2600-3400 RPM range compared to the New Long Tube Header Design.
YES there is a difference between a TUNED LENGTH HEADER and a LONG TUBE HEADER. A Tuned Length Header as can be seen on the dyno graph below has primary lengths designed to provide power at a certain RPM band. In the case of the SLP Tuned Length Header 2500-4000 RPM. While a Long Tube Header has as long as possible primaries to provide the best possible gain in the higher RPM ranges.
NOTES: SLP headers will not fit automatic transmission-equipped convertibles. Not legal for use on pollution-controlled motor vehicles. For off-road use only.
SLP Long Tube Headers Feature:
- 1-3/4 inch Primaries with 3 inch Collectors and matching 3 inch Y-Pipe for unrestricted flow.
- Mandrel bent to maximize flow.
- Are compatible with all factory emissions equipment.
- Polished aluminum-ceramic thermal-barrier coating (interior and exterior surfaces) to keep heat in, exhaust velocity up, and under-hood temperatures down.
- High-Flow Metallic Substrate 200 cell/inch Catalyst Converters.
- More Horsepower and Torque in the Mid to Upper RPM range (over our tuned length design).
- No engine or transmission movement needed and no wiring for proper installation, a True Drop-in Design.
- Re-design allows for over 2 inches of ground clearance (over our tuned length design).
- Bolts to factory or SLP cat-back exhaust systems.
- Are covered by our Performance Guarantee and Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- 2001-2002 Camaro LS1 V8 (except convertibles with automatic transmission)
- 2001-2002 Firebird LS1 V8 (except convertibles with automatic transmission)