Gain up to 23.5 hp and 30 ft-lbs on your Mustang V8! Our Triple Dog Gas Power Programmer is a programmer/tuner that downloads horsepower and performance enhancing programs into your car. The downloader offers two different engine tunes beyond stock programming to accommodate various driving conditions.
Engine Tuning Programs:
The engine tuning options below describe what tunes are available through the Triple Dog and their recommended use.
- Stock: Choosing the stock engine tune will result in no change to engine horsepower output. All other downloader features can still be accessed if the stock engine tune is chosen.
- Regular: The engine tune is recommended for use with 85 or 87 octane gasoline. For maximum effectiveness end users should increase shift firmness and shift points. This tune can be used for everyday driving and towing. Dynamometer testing results have shown a 10-12hp increase in rear wheel horsepower.
- Premium: This engine tune is recommended for use with 91 or 93 octane gasoline. It is recommended that shift firmness and shift points be raised with this engine tune. This tune can be used for everyday driving, towing and racing. Dynamometer testing results have shown up to 25 horsepower and 24lbs. ft. torque increase, on the premium tune, to the rear wheels.
- Transmission Tuning: Chose between either stock or firmer-than-stock shift firmness on an automatic transmission.
- Transmission Shift Points: Change the RPM at which your car shifts on an automatic transmission.
- Speed Limiter: Adjust speed limiter from 40 mph (for a speed governing affect or "valet mode") up to 140 mph for track events. Speed limiter is adjusted in increments of 2 mph.
- Calibrate OEM Speedometer: Accurately display speed on the OEM speedometer with larger or smaller than stock tires. Adjust for tire sizes from 24" up to 35" in diameter.
Application: 2005-2008 Ford Mustang GT