Carbotech Street and Race Brakes for Stop Tech ST-40 ST-45 ST-60 Calipers
Item Code: GN4032
Low Price Guarantee!
Selecting the proper Carbotech compound:
- 1521 (Bobcat): The Carbotech 1521 is our high performance street compound. The 1521 compound is known for its release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. 1521 is also a very low dusting and low noise compound with an excellent initial bite. This compound's excellent linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Carbotech 1521 operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 800°F (426°C+). 1521 is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle or fleet vehicle. Carbotech 1521 is NOT recommended for ANY track use.
- AX6: The AX6 takes the place of the Panther Plus compound. AX6 was specifically engineered for Autocross applications. A high torque brake compound delivering reliable and consistent performance over a very wide operating temperature range (150F to 1250F +). Advanced compound matrix provides an excellent initial bite, high coefficient of friction, and very progressive brake modulation and release characteristics. AX6 offers high fade resistance, rotor friendliness at all temperatures, excellent cold stopping power, and non corrosive dust. As a result, AX6 is an excellent choice for beginner track day drivers and high performance driver education (HPDE) events on street driven cars using street or R-compound tires, eliminating the need to change brake pads at the track. AX6 has gained tremendous popularity with SCCA Prosolo/Solo2 competitors for its fantastic bite, release & modulation. Many people use the AX6 for street driving as well, even though Carbotech doesnt recommend street driving with AX6 due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
- XP8: A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range (200F-1350F+). Carbotech XP8 is the first of our racing compounds. Outstanding initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance, very rotor friendly with non-corrosive dust. Excellent as a front brake pad for lighter ITA, ITB, ITC, SRF, and other cars that weigh less than 2,200lbs. Perfect for novice, intermediate and advanced track day (HPDE) use with any tire, and can still be driven safely to and from the track. There are several vehicles that use this on street, autocross, and at track day (HPDE) events. Carbotech does NOT recommended XP8 as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. Carbotech XP8 is also a great rear brake pad for almost any race car (Spec Miata-T2 Camaro/Firebird).
- XP10: When Carbotech unleashed the XP10 to the general public, and it was an instant success, gathering multiple regional, divisional, and national SCCA/NASA road racing championships. This is a very high initial bite friction material, with a coefficient of friction unmatched in the industry. Fade resistance is in excess of 1700F. Due to the high level of friction and bite, this material is recommended for cars weighing 2,300lbs or more, not including formula cars and cars with brake bias weighing less than 2,300lbs. This is the preferred compound for the front of Spec Miata racers, SSC,SSB, T3, SRF, ITS, ITE, H1,H2, H3, H4, 944 Cup, ST, GS, Factory Five Cobras and many more Grand-Am/SCCA/NASA classes. XP10 is also ideal for advanced/instructor level HPDE drivers. XP10 still maintains the highly praised release and excellent modulation, rotor friendliness, and non-corrosive dust that have made all Carbotech compounds so successful. XP10 is not recommended as a daily-driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
- XP12: The latest iteration of the highly successful XP series of compounds with an extremely high initial bite, torque and fade resistance than compound XP10. XP12 is a world leading friction compound that is unmatched as a Ceramic racing compound, with a temperature range of 250F to 2000F+. Carbotech XP12 still has that awesome Carbotech release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech compounds so successful. The XP12 is the most rotor aggressive compound Carbotech makes, but compared to its competition the XP12 is still very rotor friendly and contains non-corrosive dust. XP12 is recommended only for expert/very advanced drivers. XP12 is found to be most effective on race cars weighing 2,500lbs or more using R-Compound tires; or street cars weighing 3,200lbs or more for track use only. Ideal for T1, T2, T3, H1, H2, GT1, GT2, GT3, TC, GT, ST, GS, DP, MX-5 Cup, etc Not recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
- XP20: The latest iteration of the highly successful XP series of compounds. XP20 is a step up from the highly successful XP16 compound. With an extremely aggressive initial bite, the most linear torque curve to date and excellent fade resistance the XP20 leads the highly successful XP series line of compounds from Carbotech. XP20 has a temperature range of 275°F to 2000°F+ (135°C to 1093°C+). Carbotech XP20 maintains our tradition of having the outstanding release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech compounds so successful. The XP20 as with other Carbotech compounds is very rotor friendly. Carbotech XP20 is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
- XP24: XP24 is the pinnacle compound of the extremely successful XP Series of compounds engineered by Carbotech. This compound is based on the same fundamentals that exist in all other Carbotech formulations. XP24 has even more initial bite, more overall bite, and more torque along with the most linear torque curve we have ever offered. The thermal characteristics are of the highest Carbotech offers along with one of the highest coefficient of friction ratings offered by anyone in the braking industry. This compound is the longest wearing compound Carbotech offers as it was originally engineered for endurance applications at the highest pro racing levels. This revolutionary new compound has been extremely successful with open wheel, closed wheel, sprint and endurance applications. XP24 has a temperature range of 400°F to 2000°F+ (204°C to 1093°C+). Carbotech XP24 is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise along with the necessary heat required to work properly.
- RP2: The RP2 compound was engineered for endurance racing based on our highly successful XP Series formulations. RP2 is our longest lasting compound that we offer. RP2 has strong initial bite, a little less modulation than our XP12, but still maintains the rotor friendliness of our XP series compounds. With a good initial bite and one of the most consistent torque curves in the market the RP2 compound is easy to keep a consistent bite and torque throughout the braking zone. Great fade resistance with a temperature range of 250°F to 1650°F+ (121°C to 898°C). RP2 is as rotor friendly as our XP series compounds. Carbotech RP2 is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
- All vehicles with Stop Tech Big Brake Kit and the calipers listed above