This intake has once again put Volant in the forefront. The smooth transition and diameter of the air duct has allowed the car to flourish. The air volume in the air box and adding our new oval powercore air filter gives you the protection and gratification in the additional horsepower.
- Volant Air Filter Box: Our Cross-Link polyethylene box is engineered to each specific application for low restriction and an increase in air volume. It insulates and protects the filter from engine heat, moisture, dust and debris to provide colder air to the engine for an increase in horsepower.
- Volant Air Duct: Factory air inlet ducts use sound baffles and awkward bends which restrict flow. Our Cross-Link polyethylene air ducts are sculptured to give the engine less restrictive breathing. Incorporating larger diameters and unique bends, that can't be duplicated with metal ducts, allow for maximum airflow velocity and throttle response.
- Volant Pro 5 Filter: Many of our intakes come with this cleanable and reusable high grade cotton filter media with five-layers of protection. It reduces air restriction and increases engine output by using precision pleat geometry, that optimizes airflow throughout the intake system. We recommend using Volant cleaning and oiling system for servicing the Pro 5 Filter.
- Volant Filters with PowerCore Filtration Technology: This air filter is the most revolutionary on the market. Manufactured by Donaldson to Volant's applications, this filter uses advanced technology for improved efficiency. This material is a high-quality synthetic, that won't deteriorate as easily as traditional paper element and cotton/gauze filter media, while also providing vastly improved filtration up to 99.97%. In addition, it's water resistant and never needs oiling. PowerCore® Filtration Technology works by directing air into the front of the filter, where it is channeled into its fluted design. The channels are alternately sealed, allowing air to enter through an open flute and forcing it to exit out an adjacent flute. This allows the air to be filtered in one pass through the filter media with less restriction, allowing clean air to enter your engine for increased airflow and higher filtration efficiency. This technology allows the filter to include a 4 year or 100,000 miles warranty when used in urban conditions.
- Volant offers Polished Aluminum or Carbon Fiber Look lids. (Some of our older applications and low production intake kits have the carbon fiber look lid.)
- Polished Aluminum Lid: Available on all Volant's popular intake systems, this embossed and polished lid features a high-grade neoprene foam backing for good sound insulation that enhances your engine compartment.
- Carbon Fiber Lid: Made from ABS plastic with a carbon fiber appearance for a custom look. This lid is included on older applications and low production air intake kits.
- High Performance Silicon Connectors: Our silicone hose connectors provide flexibility while maintaining strength and thermal stability. They won't crack or deform over time like rubber connectors.
- Stainless Steel Clamps: We only use marine-grade, stainless steel clamps that provide optimal performance to provide a solid seal that won't loosen or deteriorate.