On the heels of Kirban's successful 6-speed shifter for late-model Camaro and Firebird market, Kirban now has a 6-speed shifter for the 1997 and later Corvette C5 cars. This shifter was developed and is manufactured by the same company that makes Kirban's Camaro/Firebird 6-speed shifter and their Mustang 5-speed shifter.
This shifter has been field tested and has been well-received by the company that did the initial testing for us. Not only is the throw 20% shorter than the stock unit, but it is very easy to shift. This shifter is based on the same design that makes the Camaro/Firebird 6-speed shifter a great item! Kirban's Corvette shifter will give your Corvette a more pronounced feel when you shift gears. With positive stops, you have no worries about the shifter popping out of gear.
- Made 100% in the USA
- Retains factory shift boot
- Lifetime warranty
- Completely anodized to prevent corrosion
- Features one-piece billet shifter handle which accepts the factory knob
- Smooth 2nd to 3rd shifts
- Shortens overall shifts by 20%
- No modifications needed to factory inner boot
- Mounting base is over 3/8 thick!
- All military grade hardware included with kit
- Integrated stop plate with adjustable stops
- No castings, forging or formed parts, 100% Billet Construction
- More positive throw over the factory set-up
- The handle is approximately 1/2 shorter than stock