Copyright Complaints Policy
PartsForYourCar.com ("PFYC") may, in appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the copyright of others. If you ("you" or "Complaining Party") believe that your work has been used or is accessible on a PFYC Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify PFYC by providing PFYC’s designated agent (the "Agent") the following information (the "Notification"):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- A description of where on the PFYC Site the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
PFYC’s Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on this PFYC Site can be reached as follows:
Cairncross & Hempelmann, P.S.
PFYC Copyright Complaint Notification
524 Second Avenue, Suite 500
Seattle, Washington 98104-2323
Upon receipt of the Notification containing the information outlined in 1 through 6 above:
- PFYC shall remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- PFYC shall forward the written Notification to the alleged infringer ("Subscriber");
- PFYC shall take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
The Subscriber may file a Counter Notification by submitting the following information to the Agent:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Subscriber;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the Subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- The Subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the Subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the Service Provider may be found, and that the Subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
- PFYC shall promptly provide the Complaining Party with a copy of the Counter Notification;
- PFYC shall inform the Complaining Party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days;
- PFYC shall replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, provided PFYC’s Agent has not received notice from the Complaining Party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on PFYC’s network or system.