Wind Restrictor Logo Wind Screen for 2006-2013 C6 Corvette Convertible
Low Price Guarantee!
This Wind Restrictor for the Chevrolet C6 Corvette Convertible is in a class of its own. After two years of intense development work, the manufacturer felt they'd come up with the perfect wind screen. Being solid and translucent, the Wind Restrictor will block as much wind (or more) than the factory wind screen. It's crystal clear, so you will not have any loss of visibility at night like some report with the black netted style screens. The 3D patent-pending glass design allows for full top movement while installed, and is the first C6 screen (and the only, to our knowledge) to have this feature. Installation requires no drilling or permanent modification at all.
The innovative bracket system is one of the most attractive features of the WR. Velcro-type straps don't belong on a car like the Corvette. This unique technology makes Wind Restrictor a leader in the industry. Thousands of satisfied customers will abundantly confirm this. They have developed a high quality black powdercoated stainless steel bracket system that makes this product perhaps the most solid and rigid on the market. The screen is securely mounted into specially designed steel anchors that are inserted into slots on the frame of your car. The center "light bar-stability bracket" is constructed from high quality black acrylic and has the CORVETTE text logo laser engraved into it.
Since this product is officially licensed by General Motors, you can choose from any of the available Corvette graphics to have laser engraved into your Wind Restrictor to personalize. If you want something unique, you can personalize your deflector with custom laser graphics for an additional charge. The manufacturer has a graphics artist that can help you with this after you order.
Finally, if you're looking for something else to help set your Corvette apart from the rest on the streets, the high quality illumination system offered as an additional option can do just that. Choose from a fixed color or go with the Extreme Light Kit for a multitude of colors and color changing options. The lighted windscreen also helps make your vehicle safer on the streets by allowing other drivers to more easily see you at night.
How does it work?
The Wind Restrictor is designed to significantly reduce back draft. Back draft is created when wind pressure inside your car's cabin is less than the wind pressure outside the car. The cabin acts as a vacuum and gusty wind enters from behind the passengers, creating noise and buffeting. The WR will block this wind from entering the cabin at highway speeds. You can control the amount of wind by adjusting the side windows. The lower you put your side windows, the windier it will be inside your cabin. Put them up completely to reduce wind as much as possible.
- Can remain in place and looks great with top up or down
- Does not interfere with top movement; no need to remove it, EVER!
- Very strong and rigid mounting system
- Powdercoated stainless steel bracket system
- No drilling or permanent modification required
- 3D glass design enables full seat travel while installed
- Officially licensed laser engraved Corvette graphics available
- Elegant illumination system available with multiple color options
- Remote control lighting and dimming options available
- Brake lamp hook up, running light hook up, or battery power available for car shows
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in the USA!
- Significantly reduces wind turbulence inside your convertible
- Helps maintain cabin temperature while driving with the top down
- Allows you to enjoy conversation without raising your voice
- Gives better sound clarity from your stereo with reduced wind turbulence
- Personalizes and sets your Corvette apart from the rest
- Additional rear lighting (optional) for added safety on the road
- Allows passengers to talk more clearly on cell phones
Some more details you might be interested in:
- Made from double-sided AR Polycarbonate This very durable acrylic type material is also scratch resistant. Others are made out of much cheaper materials and dangerously breakable plastics. Some are Lexan; the disadvantage is that it scratches easily and won't emit illumination and may also discolor with etching.
- Professionally and precisely designed and laser cut Others are produced at home using table routers and jigsaws leaving rough edges and defective shapes. Wind Restrictors are professionally produced from the finest materials using state-of-the-art equipment.
- Illumination available The only wind deflecting device on the market that has this patent pending feature! You can have the Wind Restrictor Light Kit hard wired to any 12 volt wire in the car. Most car audio/electronic shops or dealerships can wire it or you can do it yourself in less than 1 hour. A cigarette lighter plug adapter or AAA battery pack can be added for an easy, convenient connection.
- Laser etching available Etched with a high powered laser to really make your roadster unique and stand out. The engraving will also emit light and give off an awesome glowing effect with a light kit installed. Personalize your roadster with a custom logo or any of our standard graphics
- Perfectly formed to the contours of your Corvette Others won't fit as nicely as this.
- Attaches to your Corvette without permanent alteration or tacky fixtures No drilling or permanent modification is required.
- Extremely smooth crystal-clear edges Others are sometimes sharp and ridged; ours are laser cut smoothly to perfection and then flame polished so that the Wind Restrictor looks and feels like "a million bucks" as well as emitting the best quality illumination
Extreme Lighting Kit: With our new Extreme Lighting Kit, you can choose which color you want your Wind Restrictor to light up in - no longer do you have to choose a pre-defined color. Choose from red, white, blue, pink, yellow, green or cyan any time you wish. The unit comes with a remote control that you can use to turn the lights on or off or change the color. The controller features a cool "fade" option and also a "blink" option for use at car shows or gatherings. Requires a 12V plug and can be either hardwired or used with a 12V outlet in your car for maximum flexibility.
Click HERE for additional photos and some customer testimonials on this great product.
I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. I'm sure other Vette owners in this area will be asking me about Windrestrictor for their Vettes. Good product.
The Wind Restrictor I received is a well made product and fantastic in every way. I know that I made a fan of at least one friend so far, his has blue lights and he loves it also. We get questions about where did you find that? I've never seen anything like that and simply WOW!!! I have been talking about your product frequently. When warm weather reaches this area to stay, I expect to see more orders from this area - I'll do my part - believe me!
We assume you're here because you're looking for something to block the wind in your car. There are a lot of names people might use to find such a device, words like wind screen, wind deflector, wind stop, wind blocker, wind block, etc. Hopefully you found us and like what you see. These are awesome, show-stopping wind blockers that do a lot more than just help you stay un-breezy.