AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauges for GM Ford Chrysler Special Order
Low Price Guarantee!
FREE SHIPPING in the Lower 48 states! Half price shipping to Canada.
The Interceptor scan gauge is 52 mm (2 1/16 inch) in diameter and will fit in all standard gauge pods of this size. A 9 foot cable is included with appropriate OBD2 connector. A splitter cable is included with the dual Interceptor units that allows both to run using the single OBD2 connection to the car's diagnostic port. Gauges come with a black bezel with polished silver center ring with a black face as shown on right. An extra white face is also included and can easily be swapped since the bezel screws on/off. Optional black, polished silver, and brushed silver bezel along with various other face options can be purchased separately on this page.
A function menu is available by pushing both buttons simultaneously. One menu option allows you to enter a record mode. Once selected, the Interceptor will return to normal scan mode, but will start recording the displayed data automatically when the throttle exceeds 60%. Approximately 60 seconds of data will be stored. Returning to the menu screen, you can choose to replay the stored data on the Interceptor display.
The gauge displays 2 parameters at a time, but can be programmed to cycle through up to 8 parameters during a user determined period of time. This way you can monitor several items without taking any other actions.
Has high intensity warning lights that can be set using a 1 or 2 parameter algorithm. P1, P1 or P2, P1 and P2. For example, trigger the lights when rpm exceeds 6000 rpm, or when trans temp exceeds 230 F and coolant exceeds 210 F, or when air fuel ratio is above 12.5 and throttle is above 75%. Due to the gauges extremely fast update rate, this light is very accurate and easy to set. Once you try it you'll find you can't live without it!
Another menu option offers the ability to swap the foreground and background colors of the display (as pictured below). Using this feature, for example, the gauge with a black backround and blue characters (negative image) becomes a blue backround with black characters (positive image). Not only can this be visually appealing but beneficial in changing lighting conditions. Positive images are easier to read in bright sunlight, negative at night.
The Interceptor's scan rate can also be adjusted through a menu function.
DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) can be accessed and cleared via menu options.This essential feature will help the gauge to pay for itself the first time the check engine light comes on. Those that have modified their vehicle will find this very handy when a sensor, vacuum line, etc. has been inadvertently left disconnected, or something was just not put back together properly.
The two analog inputs can be configured through menu choices. A linear conversion can be entered so that an analog signal connected to the gauge can be read in appropriate units. These inputs are handy for pressure signals such as those from MAP and oil pressure sensors, analog outputs from Air/Fuel ratio kits, etc. These signal can then be read and recorded along side the other parameters obtained on the vehicle's bus.
The gauge has bi-directional controls allowing for manual control of the low and high speed fans, CASE relearn and ECU reset on GM vehicles, and on most Chrysler vehicles the transmission controller can be reset and Electronic Stability Program can also be completely turned off to improve track performance.
New optional relay output module allows you to control a 12v relay based on values of OBD2 or analog input data.
Last but not least, the Interceptor will measure 0-60 times, as well as 1/8 and 1/4 mile time and speeds. This is accomplished through a simple menu selection. This function is not available on the ISO based (older imports) due to slower bus speeds.
Installation in most cases is accomplished by simply plugging the supplied connector into the OBD2 port below the steering wheel. Literally plug-and-play! Some vehicles such as those requiring the ISOi version (older imports) require switched 12v power. The rear connector of the gauge has a provision for this so installation is still a snap!
Dual Interceptor Option: Two Interceptors can be purchased with a special splitter cable that allows both gauges to operate simultaneously. The second gauge of a dual set in most cases is simply another single gauge programmed to working in tandem. The exception is the SR dual set in which case the second gauge will show a smaller subset of parameters that the main gauge. This is due to limitations of the Chrysler PCM. Check the list of parameters and features for more details. This second gauge also will not have a performance timer.
Please click here to look at the application guide to determine which gauge is the correct one for your vehicle.
Aeroforce Technology warrants this product and its accessories against defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- "Record mode" available - records displayed data automatically when the throttle exceeds 60%. Approximately 60 seconds of data will be stored
- Displays two parameters at a time, but can be programmed to cycle through up to 8 parameters during a determined period of time
- Built-in high intensity LEDs can be used as shift lights or warning lights to indicate when a selected parameter exceeds a threshold you have configured. Due to the gauges' extremely fast update rate, this light is very accurate and easy to set
- Swap the foreground and backround colors of the display using the menu buttons. (Ex. a gauge with a black backround and blue characters (negative image) becomes a blue backround with black characters (positive image))
- Adjustable scan rate
- DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) can be accessed and cleared via the menu menu options
- Two configurable analog inputs with available linear conversion and recording capability (these inputs are handy for pressure signals such as those from MAP and oil pressure sensors, analog outputs from Air/Fuel ratio kits, etc.)
- Bi-directional controls allowing for manual control of the low and high speed fans, CASE relearn and ECU reset on GM vehicles. On most Chrysler vehicles, the transmission controller can be reset and Electronic Stability Program can also be completely disabled.
- Optional relay output module allows you to control an external 12 volt relay based on values of OBD2 or analog data
- Measures 0-60 times as well as 1/8 and 1/4 mile time and speeds
- Literally plug-and-play installation
The Interceptor scan gauge is capable of displaying over 100 parameters, two at a time (8 using cyclic scan), at an adjustable rate of up to approximately 20 times per second. Not all are supported by every vehicle, so there is no guarantee that the Interceptor will display all of these on your particular car or truck. If the vehicle is broadcasting the parameter on its data bus, the Interceptor will recognize this and make it available for display. A sample list is below. To see the full list, please click here.
- Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
- Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
- Engine Coolant Temperature
- Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)
- Transmission Temp. (auto trans)
- Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI
- Fuel Temperature
- Battery Voltage
- Battery Temp
- Injector Pulse Width in msec.
- Injector Duty Cycle (%)
- Air Flow Rate into engine
- Long Term Fuel Trim
- Short Term Fuel Trim
- O2 Sensor Voltage
- Barometric Pressure
- Ignition Advance
- Base Spark
- PCM Spark Adjust
- Fuel Status (open/closed loop)
- Wastegate Solenoid Duty Cycle (%)
- Knock Retard
- Knock Sensor Raw Voltage
- Throttle Position Percentage
- Throttle Position Sensor Raw Volts
- Calculated Net Horsepower
- Engine Load
- Transmission Slip
- Current Transmission Gear
- Torque Delivered to Transmission
- Torque Converter lockup status
- Brake pressure
- Brake Booster Travel
- Steering Angle
- Non-driven Wheel Speed
- Lateral G's
- Fuel economy (instantaneous and average)
- P-ratio - pressure ratio MAP/Barometer
- 2 user configurable analog inputs
0-5v inputs can be configured to read the outputs from MAP sensors, Air/Fuel ratio kits, pressure or temperature sensors, etc. Raw voltage can be displayed or a conversion can be entered to read proper units.
You will find the ability to log RPM vs other parameters at high speed such as ignition advance, boost, or knock retard is invaluable to help with tuning.APPLICATION